As many as six members of a family, including three children, were killed and three suffered burn injuries on Tuesday evening after a fire gutted a building in the Firozabad district of Uttar Pradesh.
According to police, the deceased Raman Kumar, an electronics and jewellery shop owner, used to live in the building that caught the blaze along with his family of nine members.
Prima facie the cause of the fire is believed to be a short circuit.
Around 18 fire tenders of Agra, Etah, Mainpuri, and Firozabad and police personnel of 12 stations were immediately pressed into the service after receiving an intimation of the incident.
The injured persons were rushed to the hospital and are undergoing treatment.
ALSO READ: Delhi Excise case: ED arrests Amit Arora
Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath expressed grief over the loss of lives and directed officials to provide immediate assistance of Rs 2 lakh to the kin of the deceased.