FM announces Budget, says India land of promise and hope.
She invoked Rabindra Nath Tagore and started her speech with his poem.
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitaraman has announced Union Budget with a focus on health & well-being, inclusive development, human capital and innovation and R&D.
1) Aatmanirbhar Swastha Bharat Yojana with an allocation of Rs 64,180 crores
2) Allocation of Rs 35,000 crores for Covid Vaccination
3) Rs 2.33 lakh crores allocated for health
4) Expansion of Ujjwala Yojana to cover 1 crore additional households
5) LIC IPO this year
6) Senior citizens exempted from filing IT returns
7) Reopening of tax evasion cases now limited to 3 years as against 6 years earlier