New Delhi
Senior BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Saturday launched a sharp attack on the Congress, alleging that “sky-high arrogance” and “gutter-level politics” had turned the party into a “lobby of defeated politicians”.
Naqvi also claimed that the Congress and the Samajwadi Party would face another setback in the 2027 Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections.
Addressing the inaugural session of a BJP training programme in Ghaziabad, Naqvi said “Rahul and Company” had become a “playschool of professional political bashers”.
According to a statement issued by his office, the BJP leader said opposition parties had resumed political manoeuvring ahead of the Uttar Pradesh elections after suffering defeats in West Bengal and Assam.
However, he claimed that internal contradictions and a clash of ambitions within the opposition alliance were already visible.
Naqvi further said the opposition’s alleged “vote theft narrative” would not save it from “political oblivion”. He accused opposition leaders of indulging in “hit-and-run politics” and attempting to undermine constitutional institutions.
“They must introspect to understand why the public is repeatedly rejecting their arrogance,” he said.
Targeting the Congress further, Naqvi alleged that the party’s “dynasty-driven politics” had already been rejected by voters in West Bengal and Assam and would meet a similar fate in Uttar Pradesh and other states.
He claimed that both the Congress and the Samajwadi Party, driven by dynastic politics, would fail to secure public support in the upcoming Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections.
READ MORE: Bakrid 2026: Farmer wishes to sell Rs 15-lakh ‘Crescent Goat’ to Salman Khan
Naqvi also said that amid the ongoing global crisis, India had benefited from a stable government under the leadership of Narendra Modi, whom he described as a “troubleshooter”.