Jhalmuri vendor who served PM Modi alleges death threats

Story by  ANI | Posted by  Vidushi Gaur | Date 23-05-2026
Vikram Sao, the jhalmuri vendor
Vikram Sao, the jhalmuri vendor

 

Jhargram

Vikram Sao, the jhalmuri vendor who served Prime Minister Narendra Modi during an election campaign event in West Bengal, on Saturday alleged that he had received death and bomb threats and had informed the police about the matter.

Speaking to ANI, Sao said he received a threatening phone call and has since been provided police security.

“I informed the police station after receiving the threat call. Police protection has now been provided for my safety,” he said.

West Bengal minister Dilip Ghosh also reacted to the alleged threats, saying attempts to create unrest in the country through such incidents would be dealt with strictly.

Speaking to reporters, Ghosh said some people were trying to spread tension and warned that such actions would invite a strong response.

“Some people try to create tension in India through such acts. But that time is over now. This is our government and everything will be responded to appropriately,” he said.

According to reports, the alleged threats were sent to the vendor through WhatsApp after he served jhalmuri to Prime Minister Narendra Modi during a poll rally in Krishnanagar in April.

Meanwhile, Ghosh also criticised Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee over a recent meeting with party MLAs regarding protests against “bulldozer culture”.

He said such meetings would have carried more meaning had they been conducted earlier during the TMC government’s tenure when people were facing various difficulties.

READ MOREBakrid 2026: Farmer wishes to sell Rs 15-lakh ‘Crescent Goat’ to Salman Khan

“Earlier, the Chief Minister had no idea what was happening in Bengal. If these meetings had been held earlier and people’s problems understood in time, the situation today would have been different,” he said.