27 Maoists surrender before police in Ranchi

Story by  PTI | Posted by  Vidushi Gaur | Date 21-05-2026
Representational Image
Representational Image

 

Ranchi

A total of 27 Maoists surrendered before security forces in Ranchi on Thursday under the Jharkhand Police’s ‘Operation Navjeevan’, officials said.

The surrendered cadres, associated with the banned CPI (Maoist), laid down their arms in the presence of Jharkhand Director General of Police Tadasha Mishra and senior officials of the Jharkhand Police, Jharkhand Jaguar and the CRPF, among other forces.

A senior police officer said the surrendered Maoists were wanted in several criminal cases linked to extremist activities.

“Twenty-seven Maoists surrendered before the police under ‘Operation Navjeevan’. So far in 2026, 22 Maoists have been killed, 44 arrested and 29 have surrendered. We appeal to the remaining ultras to join the mainstream,” the officer said.

DGP Mishra said coordinated operations by security agencies against extremism would continue across the state and assured rehabilitation support to those surrendering.

“The 27 Maoists who surrendered today will be rehabilitated with full support,” she said.

CRPF Inspector General Saket Singh also appealed to the remaining insurgents to abandon violence and reintegrate into society.

READ MORE: Pune: Mujtaba Lokhandwala transforms housing society lawns into science Labs

“We urge those who are still involved in extremist activities to give up the path of violence and return to the mainstream,” he said.