Tina Ambani skips ED summons again in money-laundering probe

Story by  ANI | Posted by  Vidushi Gaur | Date 17-02-2026
Tina Ambani, wife of industrialist Anil Ambani
Tina Ambani, wife of industrialist Anil Ambani

 

New Delhi

Tina Ambani, wife of industrialist Anil Ambani, on Tuesday once again skipped a summons issued by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) in connection with a money-laundering investigation, for the second time within a month, officials said.

She had been asked to appear before the agency earlier this month but did not report on February 9. Officials said a fresh summons would be issued soon.

The 68-year-old former actor was called for questioning in connection with an alleged money trail linked to the purchase of a luxury condominium in Manhattan.

The development comes a month after the ED attached assets worth ₹1,885 crore belonging to the Reliance Anil Ambani Group. The attachment included bank balances, receivables, shareholdings in unlisted investments and immovable properties.

According to the agency, the attachments relate to cases involving Reliance Home Finance Limited, Reliance Commercial Finance Limited, the alleged Yes Bank fraud case, and the Reliance Communications Limited bank fraud case.

The ED had earlier attached assets worth over ₹10,117 crore in bank fraud cases linked to Reliance Communications Ltd (RCOM), Reliance Commercial Finance Ltd and Reliance Home Finance Ltd. With the latest action, the cumulative attachment in the group’s cases has reached around ₹12,000 crore.

The agency has alleged fraudulent diversion of public money by several group companies, including Reliance Communications Ltd, Reliance Home Finance Ltd, Reliance Commercial Finance Ltd, Reliance Infrastructure Ltd and Reliance Power Ltd.

As per the ED, between 2017 and 2019, Yes Bank invested ₹2,965 crore in instruments of Reliance Home Finance Ltd and ₹2,045 crore in Reliance Commercial Finance Ltd. By December 2019, these investments had turned non-performing, with outstanding amounts of ₹1,353.50 crore and ₹1,984 crore, respectively. Investigations revealed that RHFL and RCFL received public funds exceeding ₹11,000 crore.

The ED has also initiated a probe based on an FIR registered by the Central Bureau of Investigation under various provisions of the Indian Penal Code and the Prevention of Corruption Act against RCOM, Anil Ambani and others.

According to the agency, loans availed by RCOM and its group companies from 2010 onwards were allegedly misused through evergreening, diversion to related parties and overseas remittances, in violation of loan sanction terms.

READ MOREBrotherhood is necessary for growth: Grand Mufti to PM Modi

The ED said it is continuing its efforts to trace the proceeds of crime and recover them for their rightful claimants.